Posts Tagged ‘love’
The Cleveland Police Department reported the following incidentsfrom Sept. 28 to Oct. 3.
Incidents: Sept. 28
• Police conducted a traffic stop at 10:35 p.m. in the 100 blockof Boston St. When stopped, two occupants ran from the vehicle andfled the scene. a man arrived at the location and informed policethat his vehicle had been stolen approximately 30 minutes earlierat the Love’s Truck Stop. Three men were identified as suspectsthat stole the vehicle.
• Police responded to a reckless driving call at 1:07 p.m. A26-year-old, white, male suspect was arrested for driving whilelicense suspended.
• Police responded to a telephone harassment call at 8:19 a.m.at the Cleveland Wal-Mart.
• Police responded at 8:15 p.m. to a hit and run at theintersection of Boothe St. and San Jacinto Ave. the suspect,driving a white pickup truck, ran through a stop sign and struckthe complainant’s vehicle in the driver side rear quarterpanel.
• Police responded to an assault call at 10:50 a.m. thatoccurred at the Twice as Ice ice machine business located on theSouthwest corner of E. Houston and Fenner St.
• Police responded to a prohibited tattoo for a person under 18call at 3:38 p.m. which occurred in the 100 block of W. Lincoln. Afather reported that someone had given his son a tattoo and his sonwas less than 18 years old.
• Police responded to a disturbance call at 11:35 p.m. a malesuspect was located in the roadway intoxicated and wasarrested.
• Police responded to a harassment call at approximately 9:22a.m.
• an officer conducted a traffic stop at 7:45 a.m. in the 300block of Ft. Worth. the officer noticed that the child in thevehicle was not wearing a safety restraint. the driver was arrestedfor driving while license invalid second offense.
• Police responded to a theft call in the 100 block of S.College Ave. a 48-year-old, black, female, suspect was arrested forstealing a wallet that contained cash and various identitydocuments such as a driver’s license, Social Security card andvarious credit cards.
• Police responded to a lost or stolen wallet call at 4:16 p.m.at Wal-Mart.
• Police responded to a criminal mischief call at 9:24 a.m. inthe 1000 block of FM 2025. the complainant reported that theirconstruction equipment was vandalized and that dirt was placed inthe fuel tank causing approximately $750 in damages.
• Police responded to a theft call at 3:45 p.m. at Wal-Mart. A39-year-old, white, male, suspect from Dayton, was arrested forstealing a battery charger and four brass padlocks.
• Police responded to an assault family violence call in the 600block of Boston Circle. a 22-year-old, black, male suspect wasarrested.
• Police responded to a theft call at Wal-Mart. a 17-year-old,white, male from Bridge City was arrested for stealing Trojancondoms valued at $6.
• Police conducted a traffic stop in the 500 block of N. Fennerat 12:05 a.m. the driver of the vehicle, a 22-year-old, white, malefled the scene evading arrest.
• Police responded to a vehicle hit and run at Wal-Mart.
• Police responded to a burglary of a motor vehicle call atWal-Mart. two archery bows and a pair of binoculars were stolenvalued at $2,150.
• Police responded to a theft call at Wal-Mart at 8:07 p.m. Amale and female suspects were arrested for stealing clothes.
• Police responded to a burglary of a motor vehicle call in the200 block of Elm St. Unknown suspects stole a Garmin GPS devicevalued at $170.
• Police arrested a suspect in the 600 block of Anglin St. forpossession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• Police responded to a burglary of a motor vehicle call at theCash America Pawn Shop located at 505 S. Washington Ave. Thein-dash CD player was stolen from the vehicle. Unknown suspectsalso stole a digital camera valued at $150 and two purses thatcontained money, credit cards and identity documents such asdriver’s licenses and Social Security cards.
• Police responded to an illegal alligator sale at FM 1725 atthe BNSF Railway crossing. a 31-year-old, white, male, suspect wastrying to sell a live alligator and was issued a citation forpossession of an alligator without a permit. the young alligatorwas taken into custody and later released to the Texas Parks andWildlife Department.
• Police responded to a burglary of a building call at theSecond Chance Resale shop located at 123 N. San Jacinto Ave.Unknown suspects stole two 42-inch LCD flat screen televisionsvalued at $2,400; several DVD and CD players valued at $900; two19-inch televisions valued at $200; a jar of coins filled withapproximately $30 worth of coins and a stereo system valued at$1,500.
• Police responded at 9:14 a.m. to a burglary of a building callat a cut Above Hair Designs located at 709 S. Washington. a digitalcash register valued at $350 and $150 in cash were stolen.
We all love our pets and want them to have long, pain free lives. Unfortunately as they age, they suffer from some of the same painful diseases the people do. Pain pills help, but often have bad side effects and don’t always alleviate the animal’s suffering. I found a way to ease the pains of my old dog and extend his life. Acupuncture.
When I noticed my ten-year-old Lab, Clark, still seemed to be in limping and in pain in spite of daily medication, I called my veterinarian and asked if he had any suggestions. He referred me to a wonderful vet who does acupuncture on animals. It’s not inexpensive but I love my dogs so much I’ll give something up in order to have the money to pay for treatments. We made an appointment for the following week.
I was afraid the needles would hurt my dog but when I met the vet he quickly allied my fears. I could tell immediately that he was one of the special ones, who really love and care about animals. to start, I sat on the floor next to my boy, stroking him while the doctor inserted needles. Clark never felt a thing. The vet told me we would have to wait about fifteen minutes for the full effect, so we chatted while Clark enjoyed all the attention. once the needles were removed, Clark wandered off to take a nap. That’s a typical response. for some reason, acupuncture makes animals sleepy.
The vet came weekly for two months, then monthly and finally we went to quarterly visits. Clark got better with each treatment until I never saw him limp. He ran and played with his two sisters in the back yard, his appetite was good – too good, he was a Lab and overweight, but mostly his quality of life improved exponentially. We cut way back on the pain medication, and eventually were able to stop giving it to Clark.
We were able to enjoy Clark for two more years until he left us to go to the Rainbow Bridge. I know without a doubt, that the acupuncture treatments not only extended his live, but also made his quality of life much better. in the future I wouldn’t hesitate to give my dogs acupuncture again.
Straight and Gay guys–Do you feel that you have any feminine traits? How do you know that's what they are?
all my friends are girls, i'm way emotional sometimes, and my friends say i have a way girly personality
I like chick flicks…i think its pretty self explanatory that its feminine…
Well, I do like musical theater, and most of my friends are girls. That's about it.
I like to wear pantyhose while I masterbate.
i write super neat… im very emotional but nobody knows…. aaaaand i sit with a bunch of girls at lunch, it depresses me
Falling in love with a guy… what is more feminine than that?
i shaved my armpits yesterday…….lol i waz bored
And when I look at the food in the shop now I want to be sick.
I really love meat but the thought of eating it makes my stomach turn! What can I do too eat again??
Go vegetarian, I think most people do not have a problem eating meat because they have this mental picture of a quaint little barnyard and animals being slaughtered only after a long and happy life spent grazing in rolling green pastures. Or else they do not think about it at all.
If you feel that it isn't right why continue eatiing meat?
If you really love the taste try one of the many meatless meats available. When I started eating them everyone in my family thought that I was crazy. But when my Mum tried a veggie burger she really liked it, and even though she sees nothing wrong with eating animals she sometimes eats soy meat with me.
However, if you are really stuck on meat, go to the market and look for some small business, free range, organic, grass fed, locally slaughtered meat. That probably lived a better life and died a better death than the typical factory-farmed steak you might pick up at the grocery store.
PS. do not boil veggie dogs, they taste awful that way. Microwave them or better yet B.B.Q.
That happens to almost everyone who watches these kind of shows. If you like to eat meat again don't watch these kind of shows and , as time goes by start eating hamburger, steaks then some chicken wings later in few days.
Ignorance is bliss, hmm?
Avoid eating chicken and eat fake chicken meat. That's one alternative. Quorn tastes pretty good – my dad never realized it was chicken.
Or, you can seek out pasture-raised chickens, organic and free range, or free run if you really can't find free range, and buy that if that makes you feel less guilty. Or, you could just try to wait forget the programmes.
Just realize those animals were only born to feed you and they are serving their purpose. and have a pint or a drink if it helps. also remeber that if ancient man had not eaten red meat he would never have developed the portion of the brain that supports higher thought; even the higher thought that might make you feel bad about eating meat. Eat red meat in the proper portions it supports higher thought and brain function!
Starve for a few days. then you will eat anything.
You may need time to let meat go, to not eat such things for a goodly while while you try to find in your heart what's right.
I wish you the best and may more folks get to see such "sickening" documentaries.
You will get over it in a few Days hopefully…
I hunt,,they are beautiful flying or standing there,messy to clean them,,But they sure do Taste good..it will come back to you…
I belive we all need to see where the things we eat comes from..
stop eating the things you have seen in the program,for example if it was beef , stop eating beef for a while , and after you forget a bout it , again start eating,or eat meat in a way that is not really appeared in the food, like grind meat which is hidden between lots of veg or…… , after a while you'll forget everything.
You may want to try some of the healthy, delicious faux meat products that are available. see vegcooking.com/guide-favs.asp for a list of popular products.
If you're interested in transitioning to a vegetarian diet, this site has tons of info and tips: vegcooking.com/makingthetransitio…
Guess you shouldn't have watched all of those videos then eh? Buy food that doesn't make you emotional when you eat it then.
"Ignorance is bliss, hmm?"—it's not ignorance after the first video. Food is sustenance, not an emotional outlet.
I think being raised with it makes a difference. I have watched my daddy kill the animals-clean them–and my momma cook the meat. If you have never seen this until an adult–I think it would be harder. Life experiences seem to toughen one to life. I have no solution for you though.
There are a lot of fake meats out there that taste like the real thing. Especially chicken, it is surprisingly easy to go veg. and I feel a lot better now that I did, you may too!
Many spas and salons offer a process called “body wrapping.”
This procedure claims to remove inches from the waist, thighs, hips or other parts of the body.
The process includes the use of special wraps or clothing and can sometimes be used with special lotions or creams that are applied to the skin.
Customers are usually told that they can lose “inches” as opposed to pounds and that fat will melt away bringing about a loss of inches in about an hour. One of the claims is that wrapping will work because cellulite [LoseYourCellulite.com] is “water logged fatty tissue.”
What overweight person wouldn’t love to find a product that will render them slim and trim while they sleep?
Unfortunately, many people think that body wrapping is a relatively new procedure and jump on the bandwagon quickly. the truth is that the body wrapping craze has been around for some time.
What do these wraps consist of?
Some are plastic or rubber garments worn around the waist, some cover the waist, hips and thighs, and others cover nearly the entire body.
Some are to be worn while carrying out routine activities, others while exercising, and some while sleeping.
One is inflated with air from a vacuum cleaner. Another uses an electric hair dryer to blow in warm air. Some are used after a cream, gel or lotion is applied or after the wrap is soaked in a solution.
The garments and wraps, with or without lotions and creams, say that they reduce body dimensions by removing fluids.
Most medical experts agree that such treatment will cause a loss of inches and perhaps pounds due to profuse perspiration. But the reductions are temporary. the fluid is soon replaced by drinking or eating.
It is important to remember, rapid and excessive fluid loss is potentially dangerous because it can bring on severe dehydration and can upset the balance of important electrolytes in the body.
Reputable spas are aware of any potential hazards such as this, so do your homework and select a spa with a good reputation. Some people have tried using “plastic wrap” as body wrap material. in fact, that was a very popular practice several decades ago.
Body wrapping has evolved since those days, becoming much more sophisticated. Prices for a body wrap range anywhere from $40 an hour up to as much as several thousand dollars at some of the upscale spas.
Some advertising claims that body wrapping will eliminate, or at the least reduce, cellulite but I’ll leave that up to you to determine.
What I can tell you is that visiting a spa or salon for body wrapping may be a wonderfully rejuvenating experience, leaving you rested, relaxed and refreshed.
And who wouldn’t like to have a few hours being pampered and fussed over in a relaxing environment if it will help the cellulite problem.
Some spas advertise herbal and other natural wraps. in fact, the methods and products applied are widely varied. Let’s explore some of the components that make up a good “wrap” experience.
Herbal wraps. Some of the higher end spas go so far as to grow their own “herbs” for use in their body wraps, but that isn’t necessary for a good body wrap experience. Herbs can be fresh, or dried and usually organically grown is best.
Each herb has a specific effect. Some increase circulation; another may soothe the skin and so on.
The herbs are steeped in very hot water (almost boiling) then special muslin sheets are soaked in the solution. It is these herb-infused sheets along with other insulating layers that wrap around the body.
How the treatments work is interesting. the goal is to create a condition not unlike your body when you have a fever. When we have a fever, our body eliminates toxins by sweating.
It’s the same principle with body wraps. the results vary. Some people report a very intense detoxification while for others it might be mild.
Methods of application and content vary as well. Seaweed, mud and salt are popular body wraps. most often, the subject is wrapped from neck to toe with the arms set close to the sides of the body. this can be uncomfortable for someone who suffers from claustrophobia.
The easiest correction for this is to keep the arms free from the wrap. most people who are claustrophobic find the works and that all they need to be able to feel free to remove themselves if they choose.
Whatever type of body wrap you select make certain that you feel comfortable with the spa and that a technician is always close at hand. Care should be taken when selecting a salon or spa.
Some things to consider:
How long have they been offering body wraps?
Do they have a licensed clinician whose sole purpose is massage and/or body wraps?
Where do their herbs and other contents come from? Do they offer any special pricing for new clients?
Will they allow a tour of their facilities prior to purchase?
Have they had any unresolved complaints reported by the Better Business Bureau? Do they have any package pricing for multiple visits?
Watch your local publications for coupon offers. this can be a good way to try out a service at a bargain.
Ask your friends if they have had a body wrapping experience and whether they enjoyed it and what kind of results did they experience. you may even want to check for “two for one” specials and try it out with a friend!
Whether the experience reduces your cellulite or not, if you follow the guidelines you are in for a pleasant experience.
Who knows, you might just like it enough to include it in your long term personal care budget!
Article Source: EzineArticles.com/?expert=Troy_Boyd
Over the past three years, local groomers have spruced up more than 300 animals to enhance their adoptability from the Humane Society of Yuma, and 99 percent of those groomed have gone on to be adopted.Groomers in Yuma are our unsung heroes, explained Loma Clark, an adoption counselor and rescue coordinator with HSOY. “I am always amazed at the changes in the dogs after they get groomed by professional groomers and love to see them stride around with clean fur and smelling good, with toenails short and shiny.”Clark added that the partnerships with local groom facilities began with Waggin’ West Kennels & Groom in 2008 when it agreed to do a free grooming for a stray. from that point on, it has done at least one to two dogs a month for free. Clark shared that when she first began volunteering at the shelter, she thought she could tackle grooming on her own and soon realized that she was sadly mistaken. “Boy, did I learn a lesson in how horrible some of the dogs’ coats were. I soon saw my clippers and scissors get really dull and it took me hours to do one dog.”She called her friend at Waggin’ West to help her out with an old dog and his difficult coat. since then the partnership has just blossomed and seven more grooming facilities have also offered up their services.Clark noted that before she knew it, shelter dogs were receiving “spa treatment” and she noticed that dogs were being adopted within days of being groomed. A Smoochable Pooch Pet Grooming helps to clean up at least two dogs a week if not more, and A Puppy Love Pet Grooming cleans up two to three dogs a month. the Dog Spa, said Clark, has a history of making room for a dog at a moment’s notice and usually grooms at least two dogs a month. Bowzer’s Body Shop Pet Grooming also spruces up one dog a month and has cleaned up many an animal in a pinch. Paws & Claws usually grooms one or two dogs a month, she said, adding that Leedale Grooming also helps the HSOY make either dogs or cats presentable for adoption.Lastly, Clark noted, six months ago Sophia’s too started a program where it is offering a one-time free grooming session for every dog adopted from the shelter. “Our partnership with these shops has enabled our shelter to adopt out animals that people would not have given a second look at,” she said. Unfortuately, Clark commented, dogs come in to the shelter in such horrible condition that it tears your heart out. Thankfully, she added, groomers have stepped forward to do their magic to allow for these animals to have a second chance. Sarah Womer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 539-6858.Groomers partnered with HSOY:Waggin’ West Kennels & GroomSmoochable Pooch Pet GroomingPuppy Love Pet Grooming the Dog SpaBowzer’s Body ShopPaws & ClawsLeedale GroomingSophia’s TooVisit YumaSun.com for a slideshow of before and after pictures of 11 dogs whose lives were changed.