Posts Tagged ‘natural remedies’
When you are in as much pain as you are, the last thing you want to do right now is hop in your car, wait at the doctor’s, go to the drug store, fill your prescription, drive back home and then start treating your UTI. Besides, are antibiotics the best way to go these days? If we can’t trust what is in our foods, how are we supposed to trust what is in our medicine?
Everything above is why women are opting for a more natural approach to treating a UTI. This way, they know they are doing something healthy for their bodies and something that their body won’t develop a natural resistance to. Instead, they get all of the relief and in a safe and natural way. Plus, they get to stay at home the entire time they are in treatment.
You can have this too. You can learn how to treat your UTI at home in the safest way possible to the point where you may even be able to cure your infection in 3 short days. No longer do you have to have the inconvenience of going to the doctor’s and filling your body with unnecessary medicine.
To treat your UTI in the comfort of your home with natural remedies, the first way to do this and the best way is to mix a little bit of baking soda, about a tablespoon or so, in a glass of warm water, then drink it. This will target the source of infection and work to start battling against the bacteria almost instantly. Baking soda is very alkaline on the pH scale and since you have an infection, which almost always means that your body is now quite acidic. Drinking a baking soda and water cocktail is almost a guaranteed way of neutralizing those bacteria in no time at all. Stick to this treatment only 1-2 times a day as you don’t want to tinker with the pH in your body too much.
Another fantastic way to get great UTI pain relief in the comfort of your home is to drink cranberry juice. Essentially, the common theme here is to drink fluids to treat your infection, as, as painful as it is, you want to urinate the infection right out of your body. The more you go, the fewer bacteria are living inside of your urinary tract. Cranberries work to inhibit the growth of bacteria, so it stops them dead in their place. Your infection won’t spread and you will be working towards the goal of treating the infection in just a matter of days.
Battling with a UTI for a week or so can be a thing of the past for you officially, if you start using natural remedies. There are so many healthy products that you can put into your body that will help alleviate so many painful symptoms of your urinary tract infection. It’s time that you made the transition from medical to natural. It’s one that you won’t regret any time soon.
Despite the fact that ovarian cysts are relatively harmless to a woman’s health and they typically go away without any treatment, that doesn’t detract from the fact that they are incredibly painful. For some women, the pain is so bad that they have a hard time even getting out of bed in the morning.
You shouldn’t have to put your life on hold just because you have an ovarian cyst. You should be able to take control and get rid of the pain on your own. You don’t want to go down some medical route to treat your cyst when you know that in the end, it will be gone before you know it. All you are concerned about is getting the pain to stop.
You want to know how to stop ovarian cysts from hurting and you want to be able to stop them now. Natural remedies are what you are after and you are prepared to do whatever it takes to stop the pain in its tracks.
You will be pleased to know that there are plenty of natural remedies to help you ease the pain of your ovarian cyst to the point that you may even end up treating it and shrinking it completely. Now, you can start getting back to life and stop your cyst from hurting so much. There is so much pressure that your ovarian cyst is putting on your body internally, which is why there is so much pain. A great way to reduce inflammation and swelling is to use ice. Now, of course, you cannot get ice directly where you want it but by icing your lower abdomen, it will be able to penetrate through your body and give you some relief. This is something that you can be doing on your own in the comfort of your home when you are sitting and watching TV. It’s easy and the pain relief will be instant.
When it comes to herbal and natural remedies, red raspberry tea is your best bet. The way it works is that it has enzymes that work to reduce swelling and inflammation in the body. When you steep it for 5 minutes, you get the true potential and you get the best results. Plus, it tastes great. Swap out your daily latte or macchiato for some red raspberry tea and this will help. Caffeine is a stimulant and a trigger for pain, so stop feeding into your cyst and start putting cyst killing enzymes into your daily routine.
For another instant pain relief, try yoga. It might sound like the last thing you want to do, but getting up and moving increases circulation and that is what you want. You want to get your blood flowing for one very important reason and that is to stimulate the production of more white blood cells. White blood cells are the ones that work to fight off infection or, in your case, your cyst. Try doing hot yoga to really maximize this tip. After a few classes, you will feel so much better and the pain will be almost gone.
Dealing with an ovarian cyst can really be trying and taxing so use these natural remedies to help to put your body and mind at ease now.
Piles are a painful condition due to which a person is not able to pass on stools with ease. The term ‘Piles’ is also known as Hemorrhoids in medical term and could also be classified as the thickening of the blood vessels of the anus that results in an itchy feeling and swelling in the rectum.
Constipation is said to be the biggest reason for piles to occur. Even taking unhealthy diets could also trigger this issue. Thus, taking a closer look in brief at some of the best foods that works greatly as natural remedies for piles would simply cure piles the easy way would be beneficial.
Some best food type to cure piles- Natural remedies for piles
- Soluble fiber based foods- Yes, taking foods that are rich in soluble fiber content may be taken to get quick relief from piles and also keep constipation at bay. Fresh vegetables and fruits are a must in this regard to be included daily in the diet
- Legumes- Taking legumes could also be one of the best natural remedies for piles in the shape of beans, kidney beans, soy beans, split beans, lentils and black beans. These are rich in fiber and an apt food for piles as they are easy to digest
- Water- Water is not only a great source to kick off toxins from the body but also cure piles in a natural way. Having 8-10 glasses of water and also taking fresh fruit juice and vegetable soup in the diet is a must
- Banana- Banana is another food that would ease piles and its best recommended to have banana daily after meal or in the morning
- Avoid spicy and junk/uncooked food- Since these types of foods lead to constipation and along with Alcohol, they must be avoided
- Juices- Juices such as lime, papaya, figs and mango shall be taken daily to improve passage of stool of defecations an easy process
- Citrus fruits- Taking berries, apples, cheese, yoghurt and tomatoes are great to heal piles and include them in your diet as healthy natural remedies for piles
Do not wait to let piles play with your life; simply pick up these listed food sources of natural remedies for piles and kick off all issues of piles once and for all. One should also make sure that he is taking ample rest and not losing sleep and even a sleep deprived persons are also at high risk of getting constipation and finally piles. Take care and all the very best!
The large pharmaceutical companies have spent millions of dollars advertising to get you you to buy their products.
Unfortunately after decades of putting out false information to make sure people use their manufactured and often dangerous products. People don’t see natural remedies as a true cure to their illnesses.
You really need to stop believing all the rubbish that these big companies would have you believe about natural remedies and try them yourself. Put aside your doubt and just give a go. The worst thing that could happen is that they don’t work for you, but the most likely out come is that you see a reduction in your symptoms.
Lets take a look at one of the many remedies that are out there. Studies show that niacin reduces the bad cholesterol (LDL)by 10-20%, reduces triglycerides (FAT IN THE BLOOD)by 20-50% and raises the good cholesterol (HDL) by 15-35%.
These changes occur naturally with niacin in the following ways:
1) It reduces the breakdownof fat from fat cells wich is the source of raw material used by the liver to create excess triglyceriedes.
2) It inhibits the liver from converting sugar to triglycerides.
3) It inhibits the liver from creating the building blocks of the bad cholesterol (VLDL) and thus as a result the bad cholesterol drops naturally.
4) Virtually every study done on niacin has shown it to increase good cholesterol in your blood and takes it back to your liver for disposal. The higher the good cholesterol the less bad cholesterol you’ll have in your blood.
In a study that ran for 6 years and included over 3900 patients, The effects of niacin besides lowering both triglycerides and cholesterol levels, There are some astonishing results: Niacin led to a 14% reduction in non-fatal heart attacks, a 26% reduction in damage to blood vessels in the brian (STROKE OR BLOCKAGE) and a 47% reduction in the need for Coronary Artery bypass surgery.
This is just one of the many natural remedies that are out there. Natural herbs and remedies provide an alturnative to the costly and sometimes harmfull perscriptions that we take.
The next time you start to feel a cold coming on, don’t run to the pharmacy. Get some hot lemon and some honey. Lemon has alot of vitamin c in it which will help fight the cold infection.
Slowly and surely people are starting to realize the benifits of using natural remedies instead of running to the medicine cabinet.
Chilblains are the lesions on the toes and fingers which are caused due to prolonged exposure to the extreme cold. There are several factors which are responsible for chilblains such as tight shoes, poor nutrition, familial tendency, hormonal changes, poor circulation, anemia, and some connective tissue and bone marrow disorder. Some of the common symptoms of chilblains are itchy skin, red rash and redness of the skin.
Chilblains Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for chilblains which are quite effective in treating this ailment and are safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for chilblains which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for chilblains is the use of onion. All you need to do is take an onion and cut it into many slices. Now place these slices on the affected region of your body and wait. This natural home remedy will give relief from the itch and will cure chilblains. Use this home remedy on regular basis in winter.
2. Elevate the affected part of your body and you will see that after some time the swelling will be reduced. Stay in a warm room and then slowly massage the affected area. This is one of the simplest natural remedies for chilblains.
3. Take some black peppercorns and then grind them properly. Now heat one tablespoon of sesame seed oil or mustard oil and fry these ground black peppercorns in it. Filter this mixture and allow it cool down a little bit. You can now use this warm oil to massage the affected area.
4. Take some warm oil and then mix garlic juice in it. Now apply this mixture on the affected region of your body. This natural remedy will prove to be very beneficial in treating chilblains.
5. Take some glycerin, whole meal flour, egg white and one tablespoon of honey. Mix them all together and then apply this mixture on the affected area just before going to bed. Leave it there for the whole night and next morning you can wash with warm water. This home remedy will help in quick healing.
6. Make it a daily habit of massaging your hands and feet with warm vegetable oil during winter. This will improve blood circulation in your feet and hands.
7. Potato can also be used in treating chilblains. All you need to do is take a potato and cut it into slices. Now add little salt in one of these slices and use it to rub on the affected area.
8. Take some marigold flowers and make a warm infusion with one teaspoon of sea salt added to it. Now soak your feet and hands in it. This is also very effective natural remedy for chilblains.
9. Those who smoke cigarettes should stop smoking immediately as it can lead to poor circulation and make the condition worse.
These were some of the most effective natural remedies for chilblains which are simple to use and are quite cheap. They are totally natural and safe to be tried at home.
Curing Insomnia Naturally
When someone has trouble sleeping, they often think they have a bad case of insomnia and that there is no way to address it. Off they go to the doctor for some sleeping pills. But sleeping pills can have side effects, and trying to find some natural remedies first is a good idea.
Sleeping difficulties can be resolved without having to resort to sleeping pills. Although there is no “one cure fits all” scenario for natural remedies for insomnia, there are many questions you can ask yourself that may help you find a simple natural remedy. Discovering the roots of your insomnia can take a while, but if you consider the following questions, you may find some natural aids that will give you relief from your trouble sleeping.
Why can’t you sleep?
There are so many possible reasons for your sleep insomnia it can be difficult to pinpoint a reason. Reviewing the causes for sleep troubles and insomnia should always be a first step. There are no guaranteed natural cures for insomnia, because there are many issues involved in the problem. First, you need to consider the following questions:
How does your bed affect your sleep?
The mattress can be too soft or too firm. You could have a pillow that is too high or too low, or a bed that is just too old and lumpy to be comfortable. You could also be allergic to some of the materials that were used to make the bed, or allergic to dust mites or even to the laundry detergent or dryer sheets that you use in laundering your sheets. Do you sleep well in hotels or when visiting friend’s or relatives houses? You might want to consider the size of the bed and the firmness of the mattress to decide which works best for you. Pillows can be critical. Sometimes a rolled up towel works better than a proper pillow. You might want to try a different mattress, buy a mattress cover for people with allergies that puts a layer between you and the mites, change your laundry detergent, or stop using drying sheets.
How does your sound environment affect your sleep?
Is your bedroom noisy? Do you find it difficult to sleep in silence? Noise can be the cause of your insomnia. A “white noise” generator or just a simple CD or mp3 track that can make masking sounds, waves, nature sounds, and other noises that will lull your body to sleep.
How does the activity of your mind affect your sleep? Are you under stress?
Who hasn’t had the experience of a traumatic happening or whirling thoughts keeping them awake in the night? Even if you fall asleep at 9 pm, your thoughts can be as loud as an alarm clock at 2 or 3 in the morning. You might even have the experience of getting up to go to the bathroom and then not be able to get back to sleep? The natural remedy for insomnia in this case can be as easy as eliminating caffeine and alcohol, especially before bedtime. Most people know not to drink coffee or other caffeinated drinks (including sodas) after late afternoon, but not many know that alcohol also affects sleep.
What to do instead of tossing and turning?
Most sleep professionals will tell you not to lie in bed and stress if you can’t sleep. It is better to get up and do something than to just stew in bed, worrying about not sleeping.
Temperature is important. You should make sure you are warm enough when you go back to bed. Cold feet or cold hands can also keep you from sleeping. Of course, in the summer, heat will also keep you awake. Trying to find a cool spot to even out your body temperature is important.
Simple and natural insomnia remedies for the “just can’t sleep at 2-3 am” scenario are: try listening to some “sleep music,” music that has special brainwave frequencies embedded in the music that will help your brain relax itself back to sleep.
You can try having some hot milk, cherry juice, or a snack with carbohydrates, all of which have the scientifically proven physiological effect of helping you to sleep.
You can try using teas to calm your system. Valerian is a common herbal remedy for insomnia, and it is available both in standardized extract form or capsules in health food stores. Follow the instructions on the bottle.
You can try taking melatonin, which is a hormone that regulates your sleep cycle. The best seem to be sublingual tablets, which are dissolved under the tongue. Sometimes a very small dose is quite effective. You can try less than 1 mg, as little as.25 or .3 mg. first, and this is especially effective for jet lag. Because this hormone is affected by light, make sure you take it 20 minutes before bed, and do not expose yourself to bright lights before bed, which will counter the effect of the melatonin. This includes the bright screens of cell phones and computers. Some people get headaches from a dose that is too large – you can cut back on the amount if you get headaches. And you can give yourself a further boost by getting out in the strong sunlight during the daytime to get your brain functioning in the right time zone.
And don’t forget, if nothing seems to work, your doctor may have help for you without having to prescribe sleeping pills.
Your insomnia may be a clue to illness, thyroid problems, chronic pain, side effects or medication, even common ones, like cold medications. Insomnia can also be a result of an imbalance of hormones, poor digestion, depression, allergies, and more. It is always worthwhile to make sure you do not have any serious health problems brewing by paying a visit to your doctor.